I dedicate this blog to the memory of my grandmother.
August 29, 1921 - April 30, 2015
You are not forgotten.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Yarn-a-holic Alert!

Just a very brief post to let my readers know that if you have an out-of-control yarn addiction, you are not alone (though you probably already knew this, especially if you're on Ravelry.)

I am now acquiring yarn (ALL for gifts, not one skein for myself) faster than I can stash it!  My Ravelry stash is now currently woefully out of date. Even my husband has noticed my need for a better yarn storage system, though his solution is a yarn moratorium. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

It wouldn't even be so bad, but I've finally made it past chain craft store $5 a skein yarn and into the hard stuff. Lion Brand Amazing is a gateway yarn, I'm telling you. One day you're happily stitching away in wool-acrylic blend, and the next you're fingering your $20 skein of 100% merino superwash Malabrigo or Cascade 128 and wondering how you can ever go back to Caron Simply Soft again.

At what point do I have to admit I have a problem? When I run out of space? Start hiding it? Is it all over once I get a taste of that sweet, sweet Madelinetosh (Malabrigo was bad enough!)?

"Hi, my name is Alanna, and I'm a yarnie."

No comments:

Post a Comment