I dedicate this blog to the memory of my grandmother.
August 29, 1921 - April 30, 2015
You are not forgotten.

Monday, July 6, 2015

Meetup Saturday Morning

Saturday morning I clamped down on my social anxiety, shoved myself out of my child-imposed hermitdom, and made it to the West Los Angeles Knitters meetup at the Westside Pavilion.



So glad I did! To be honest, I don't remember the last time I spent social time with other adults with no kids involved. It's been months, if not years. And these ladies were such a great bunch. Welcoming and friendly and helpful. They helped me get my hoodie pullover started.

Casting On

Since I just made the sunglasses case for Isaac and Alyx has gotten a couple things so far (and has a couple more in the works), I'm making Malcolm's first.

Anyway, thanks to Alexandra, Susan, Ursula, Mary, Selene and the other West LA Knitters for a fantastic morning! Special thanks to Selene for the yummy strawberry cupcakes, and good luck to Mary in her new home. 

I hope to see you all again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment