I dedicate this blog to the memory of my grandmother.
August 29, 1921 - April 30, 2015
You are not forgotten.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

New Patterns!

Look what got delivered yesterday!

God only knows when I'll have time to make any of this gorgeous stuff, but I'm still excited!


I will admit that I am slightly disappointed that the "Peace and Love" book only has three (out of eight total) patterns for knitting (the rest are crochet). Yes, yes, crocheters, I know, crochet is so easy, and I'm sure it is-- knitting's not that hard, after all-- but the very last thing I need is another time-sink in my life. My daughter is just going to have to learn to live without the "Flower Power Necklaces."

Now I know I just got done saying how much I really hate working with the cotton Sugar'n Cream. But if anything embodies "try, try again," it's knitting. So, "Hang Ten Hoodie," here I come. Of course, this means a trip back to Joann this weekend to pick out yarn-- now that I look at the pattern I see that the giant cone of "Key Lime Pie" ombre I got won't work. It needs two colors, an ombre and a solid contrast, and looks like it would work best with a slightly multi-colored ombre (the Key Lime Pie is just green and white.) Wish me luck; I'm going to need it.

On the upside, along with the size 7 needles I'll need for this project, I also ordered another skein of Lion Brand Amazing in Strawberry Fields so I can finally get started on a hat for my friend's daughter (the last of three I'm making for each of her kids), and two skeins of Violets. I was going to get some Vineyard to compare, but they didn't have it as an "add-on," and Amazon's regular prices just aren't worth it on Amazing, even with free shipping. Everything should be here on Friday, just in time for the weekend and-- gulp-- my daycare's two week vacation starting Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment