I dedicate this blog to the memory of my grandmother.
August 29, 1921 - April 30, 2015
You are not forgotten.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Confessions

No progress at all on my chevron scarf since Sunday. :/

I had this crazy idea the night before my boys' birthday (Wednesday) that I could just knit up a couple quick simple things for them. Yeah-- I'm not that good (yet). I did get started, though, on a sunglasses case for Malcolm in the "Swimming Pool" Sugar'n Cream.



Sugar'n Cream: Out

I wrote before about why I originally put the Sugar'n Cream aside in the first place: I just did not like working with the cotton. I really have to try out some other cotton yarn and see if it's all cotton or just Sugar'n Cream for some reason. But anyway-- I got about eight rows in or so and frogged it all (ripped it all out) the next day. I don't know whether it was the yarn or that I was knitting it on size 9 when the pattern calls for size 8-- I did cast on 2 fewer stitches, but that was a wild shot in the dark at converting-- but it was way too wide. I found my size 8 needles not in use-- I knew I had some-- and briefly considered trying the Sugar'n Cream again. Instead I sighed, tossed the cotton yarn aside, and pulled out my ball of Earth-ish Sheep(ish).

Sheep(ish): In


I will use the Sugar'n Cream for something, someday. I swear... Maybe dishcloths?

No comments:

Post a Comment